When visiting Chicago, it’s easy to get caught up in the popular tourist destinations (just think about the bean!) But there are so many more things to do in Chicago besides what you see on social media, and we’re here to help you add some destinations to your list that are off the beaten path.
- Green Mill Cocktail Lounge: Here at Green Mill, you can sit back and listen to come jazz and swing music, all while sipping on your favorite cocktail. This cocktail lounge is a true piece of history that opened in 1907, and is known for its connections to the Chicago mob scene and poetry slams every Sunday night.
- Chicago’s Annual Air and Water Show: This yearly event takes place August 15-16th, each day from 10am to 3pm. Watch from North Avenue Beach as historic fighter planes perform daredevil maneuvers, and prepared to be completely blown away.
- Dine at Publican: This popular restaurant is one of Chicago’s best restaurants that pays homage to “beer, pork, and oysters.” There’s something available to everyone on this wide, eclectic menu, and the restaurant’s European-style beer-hall interior makes for a fun dining experience.
- Go on a Brewery Tour: Learn about and taste on of the most popular Chicago beers on the Goose Island Brewery Tour. This beer can be found all over the country, so it’s fun and interesting to learn more about its history.
- Go to a Cubs or White Sox Game: Cheer on the Cubs or the White Sox at a baseball game. No matter what team you’re cheering for, it’s sure to be a fun experience for everyone you go with. For the Cubs schedule, click here, and for the White Sox schedule, click here.
- Visit Butterflies at the Judy Istock Butterfly Haven: If you’re wanting to see the wonders of the great outdoors while on your trip, and visit to the Judy Istock Butterfly haven at the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum is in your future. For 160 years, this museum has worked to connect the citizens of Chicago to nature and science through immersive exhibits, family events, and in-depth education programs.
- Grab a Cocktail at Crazy Pour: End your day with a drink at Crazy Pour in Villa Park. It’s the perfect way to unwind and relax after seeing all the sights in Chicago. Check out our menu and specials on our website, and don’t forget to watch your favorite sporting event with us next time you’re in the area!